The Talent Economy Podcast
Empowering HR to Transform Organizations
With ever-evolving goals in an always-changing corporate world, it can be difficult for a traditional HR approach to keep up. Employing strategies that revolve around numbers and data has allowed one company to stay at the top of its game, even in the face of an unpredictable work environment. In this episode, we speak with Melissa Werneck, Global Chief People Officer of The Kraft Heinz Company, about how analytics can translate to a successful HR blueprint.
Werneck joined Kraft Heinz in 2013 to implement a new performance methodology and integrated management system. She began her career as a logistics analyst with Ambev, before moving on to stints with Claro and Sadia. Before her time with Kraft Heinz, she served as Performance Senior Vice President and Chief People Officer of America Latina Logistica. She holds a degree in chemical engineering from the Federal University of Minas Gerais in Brazil and an MBA from the Federal University of Rio De Janeiro.
Werneck speaks about how her background in data allows her a more agile take on different performance metrics. She also shares with us the link she’s found between her first love, chemical engineering, and HR, and how it all has to do with turning raw materials into polished final products.
Some Questions Asked:
- How did chemical engineering eventually bring you to human resources?
- How does one measure inclusion? And what metrics are you looking at to make sure that people feel included?
- What are some of the transformations that have started with HR at Kraft Heinz that you’re most proud of?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How adapting to a professional career in a language other than your mother tongue can teach honesty and humility in the workplace.
- The most important thing that rapidly growing organizations need to do if they want to get savvier about tracking HR analytics.
- The advantages—and disadvantages—of the hybrid work model that’s so popular right now.
- Melissa Werneck - LinkedIn
- Melissa Werneck - Kraft Heinz
- Melissa Werneck - Thrive Global