The Talent Economy Podcast
Building Skills With Virtual Reality
As technology continues to evolve, so must the way we learn and work. In this episode, we speak with Dan Domenech, CHRO of Hewlett Packard Enterprise Financial Services, about integrating virtual reality into employee training, and how the immersive experience optimized the learning process.
Domenech has almost three decades of experience holding HR leadership positions at several Fortune 500 companies. Over the years, he has honed his focus on building talent pipelines and leadership capability, while also creating passionate, forward-leaning cultures. At HPE Financial Services, he works with the president and CEO to drive business transformation, talent value management, and company culture.
Prior to joining HPEFS, Domenech shaped organizational culture and empowered employees at companies including Johnson & Johnson, Dun & Bradstreet, and American Express. Domenech holds a bachelor’s degree from Cornell University, where he also serves as VP of the school’s Latino Alumni Association, as well as an MBA from NYU Stern School of Business.
Domenech talks about why the time is right to introduce virtual reality training for employees, the role a growth mindset plays in candidate success, and preparing for the post-COVID-19 pandemic colleague experience. He also discusses how HPE has managed to maintain their rich company culture throughout the pandemic, promoting diversity and equality in a corporate environment, and why it’s so important to encourage career growth and upward mobility for employees.
Some Questions Asked:
- Why is building soft skills so crucial? And how are you using virtual reality to develop those soft skills?
- When hiring, are you looking for candidates with soft skills that are already well developed, or are you looking more for the ability for them to be trained?
- What do companies stand to lose if they don’t give their workforce the choice on whether or not they stay remote?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What the logistics of virtual reality training for employees really look like.
- Why HPE is taking a role-based approach to bringing employees back into the office post-pandemic.
- How the advancement of women within HPE is so important to Domenech personally, as well as to the company culture as a whole.
- Dan Domenech - LinkedIn